Monday, December 22, 2014

You're All Surrounded


This is probably my first review of one of the K Drama that I'm currently watching.

My first K Drama was "Endless Love" (or "Autumn in My Heart") by Song Hye Kyo, Won Bin, and Song Seung Heon. I watched it in... 2000? Haha. That drama made me cry every single episode. It was so so sad and tragic!

After that, I developed an uneasy feeling towards K Drama. Yes, the story line was good; yes, it was so touching; yes, the people in it are so good looking. But... I was tired from crying every single night watching the drama. Haha....

Then I heard about "Full House", where Song Hye Kyo starred with Rain. Believe it or not, I didn't watch it though the drama was super famous among my friends.

Probably in 2007, some of my friends were idolizing some K Pop bands. So... I give it a try... to watch some Music Videos by K Pop bands -- Girls Generation (SNSD) was the first, then TVXQ, followed by Super Junior and 2NE1. From Youtube, I saw some snippets of K Drama again. So... I watched a little bit here and there.

One thing I like about K Drama -- it is short and (so far) happy ending. One drama has 16-21 episodes, unlike US TV Series -- it goes by seasons, and never ending!!

In K Drama, the plot is clear, and really emotional. The actors and actresses are really good in expressing their feelings -- wondering, crying, laughing, angry, confused, and in love. *You will always see crying, laughing, screaming, and kissing scene in any drama*

The more I watch K Drama, the more I notice the same people... which give me nice and familiar feeling, hahaha....

If you are wondering, nope... I do not watch a lot of K Drama until recently. But I found this particular drama -- "You Are All Surrounded" (YAAS) very interesting. It has good background, the plot was smooth, many interesting characters, and it's not JUST about love, or revenge, or hatred. There are good mixed emotions featured in it.

YAAS featured the lives of 5 policemen and 2 policewomen, though only 2 of them are the focus of this drama. It started with the childhood background of the main character, Kim Ji Yong (Lee Seung Gi) who changed his identity as Eun Dae Goo after a tragic incident involved his mother.

11 years later, Ji Yong aka Dae Goo met Seo Pan Suk, the man who he believed to be responsible for his mother's death. People say, there is always two sides of a story. He was only looking for a revenge, but he found friendships with his teammate, trust towards Seo Pan Suk, and a twisted reality of the person he initially trusted the most. *Interesting right?!?!*

I enjoyed watching this drama so much, and for the first time... I found Lee Seung Gi very attractive. Hahahaha.... I watched "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho" which starred Lee Seung Gi and Shin Min A, yet I did not find him as attractive as in this YAAS drama. Hahaha.... Aww, now I know why Yoona from SNSD got together with him last year. *wish them the best!*


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment